Friday, June 25, 2010

I felt the need to say a little somethings before I head to the market at the Burlington Mall parking lot with my cousin. The lack of posts these days are due to a few circumstances. First, I've rediscovered my love for reading, and my ability to write again. To journal. Yesterday, actually. I made the conscious effort to sit down and just, well, go.... Since, I've felt a little more like myself, and I love it, and forever want more of it. Moreover, since the cleanse, I haven't been documenting my food and drink as much, simply just because. I'm just experimenting with different recipes to juices, smoothies, sauces, and dishes, and it's all so fun and rewarding, sitting down and eating the meal you made from scratch, starting with a Google. Moreover, I haven't been so strict on myself, limiting myself with sugars and fats and whatnot. I figure, you only go around once. That's not to say that I'm going to go out and order a cake to the face or anything, it's more like if someone were to offer me the last few bites of their Reeses Pieces blizzard from DQ, I won't feel the need to decline, so I didn't. Also, I am still feeling and hearing the stigma against my personal health choice, from those who I thought were close to me. I was talking to Beth about this. She gave me some really great advice, that I think I'll share.
"Your reasons should be good enough for you. If someone else doesn't get it, that's fine. It's not their business. People are afraid because they don't understand, and most people feel guilty because they could never do it."
Thank you, really, Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment