Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tomorrow I begin.

Today I went to a couple grocery stores with my father to pick up as much raw food as possible for the detox. I was so excited to buy certain foods that I never really ate except at Christmas eve dinner, such as beets. The bill did add up quickly, but I bought a lot of really good food. Apples, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, mangos, pineapple, oranges, clementines, peaches, melon, watermelon. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, avocados, peppers, onions, tomatoes, asparagus, celery, zucchini, cucumber, radishes. Romaine lettuce, spinach, cabbage, kale, collards. Lemons, limes, ginger. Curry, mint, ground flax seed, soy beans, navy beans, chick peas. Unripe goat milk cheese, almond milk. And this really calming decaf tea I found at Bulk Barn for $3, flavoured mint that I'm currently drinking with some fresh fruit in a mug.





I'm going to be making a lot of smoothies and raw soups. I'll be having green smoothies for breakfast, which consist of some greens (spinach for example) combined with fruit (pears and strawberries, even), and some water. Moreover, I learned that warm water with lemon and raw ginger is a beneficial way to start off any morning, as well as raw celery juice and lemon because it acts as a great liver cleanser. Snacks will be raw fruits or vegetables, whole or sliced and mixed. Meals will be interesting to get comfortable and familiar with. However, I am looking forward to the challenge. When salads get boring, and even ones without lettuce, I'll try some other dishes that I've found in the links that are posted to the left of this blog post. I am really, really looking forward to seeing how this all works out and to notice how much better I feel throughout, and then afterwards.





I'll keep this blog as a sort of notebook, to report how I am feeling, how the program (and post-detox) is going, my physical and mental state of being, and I'll also post some recipes that I try, and will try to include some photos as well, but photo booth will have to do, since my digital got punched out of my hand at Metric. This blog will be about my health in general. Myself as a whole, living well.


Wish me luck, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment